XLiveLess For GTA IV
Latest version of the tool that will allow you to use any of the 100% saved games within GTA IV and the latest patch (188.8.131.52), this will also allow for any of the trainers, car spawners and all other similar things to work. There is one catch though (a good one, although not everyone will agree), this will disable online multiplayer to Prevent any cheating online. This will also allow for modifications to work within GTA IV, as by default most mods won’t work in GTA IV apparently.
You will need XLiveLess or a similar tool to use any modifications in GTA IV.
XLiveLess – small replacement of the xlive.dll with no online support
* run LaunchGTAIV.exe instead GTAIV.exe to prevent “drunk” camera
* Plugin saveToGameFolder not included in this beta version
XLiveLess Main features:
* complete replacement of the xlive.dll (original dll isn’t required)
* all online functions are disabled (to prevent cheating in multiplayer)
* removed all anti-debugger checks
* all game variables are made unprotected and can be accessed and changed by the trainers, control centers and other tools
* in-built asi-loader (no need to replace original files)
* asi-loader searches for .asi files in the root game folder and .asi and .dll in the ‘plugins’ folder
Additional features for GTA IV version 184.108.40.206-220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, EfCL 22.214.171.124-126.96.36.199:
* removed savefile check (you can load save file made by any offline XLive user)
* removed files.txt check (integrated replacement of FileCheckFix and MagicPatch)
* restored access to the system debugger in the critical error menu (removed loading of WER.dll)
* enabled write access to memory in code and .rdata segments (no need to call VirtualProtect from a .asi)
* disabled RGSC (since update 6, RGSC moved to the paul.dll)
* moved ‘savegames’ folder (see below).
Additional features for Red Faction: Guerrilla:
* removed savefile check
* unpack the file xlive.dll into the game folder (don’t forget to remove the asi loader if there is one)
* to turn on debug logging, unpack the file xlive_d.dll into the game folder and rename it to xlive.dll
Additional notes on savefiles:
* savefiles are now located in the folder:
(for Windows Vista) %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames\
(for Windows XP) %USERPROFILE%\My Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames\
NOTE: don’t forget to copy savegames to the new location
* Added plugin API (xliveless.h and xlive.lib)
Special thanks to Rick and Seemann.